Monday 28 January 2013

Scandi Style - Hello Moose


The redforgirls household is a slightly Scandinavian mad. Way before Lund and her jumpers or Lisabeth Salander and her tattoos we've been into all things Scandinavian with a particular thing for the Swedish side of things. And I don't just mean the meatballs at Ikea. 

Scandi kids clothes strike the perfect balance of being colorful,  practical and fun.  I can't get enough of them but more often than not you can only find then in independent stores in random parts of the UK.'Next to Nothing' in the Oxford covered market (but it's long way to go for a 74cms of material) or nearer to home Cowboys 'n' Angels in West Kirby. So once again I turn to the tinternet. 

Contrary to popular belief there has been some growing going on in the redforgirls household and I don't mean my waistline. Our 'dot' has increasingly found her feet round her ears when 
popper-ed into her sleep suits, so I went hunting for something a bit more interesting than the supermarket pack or three suits we have a draw full of. You know the 'nice suit' you take away with you to a friends when you are make an effort. 'This old thing'?! 

'Forget traditional -Think Unisex' - with that slogan I was always going to LOVE Hei Moose. Their funky nordic clothes for babies and toddler can't fail to make you smile. I couldn't resist this Duns Sweden Garden Romper in their sale. It arrived in just two days and even came with a moomin sticker (Don't get me started - I'm so easily pleased). No one is going to miss my girl in this. 

For more scandi inspiration check out some more of my favourites: 

Polarnopyret - provides practical clothing that lets kids be kids.  I'm coveting the anti slip tights and the jelly monster all in one. Sale now on. And there's a free pair of moccasins on orders over £40. 

Love it Love it Love it- You can't fail to love Love it especially with free UK delivery on all orders.They stock all my favourites; Duns, Smafolk, Sture & Lisa.   It's fun, functional and funky baby, toddler and kids clothes that offer British cool, Danish design and Swedish humour.....I

Name it. I always stock up on Name it clothes when in Stockholm. They are super affordable especially with 20% off your first online purchase.  I confess Mr Redforgirls brought the Ellis knit cardy at the weekend at Cowboys 'n' Angels and now I'm working on the stripy sleepsuits........

No comments:

Post a Comment